General Code of Conduct
As a person required to comply with this Policy, you must meet the following requirements with regard to your conduct during any activity held or sanctioned by Little Athletics WA, Member Centres or Clubs:
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all people involved in little athletics regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Be ethical, fair, considerate and honest in all dealings with others.
- Make a commitment to providing quality service.
- Operate within the rules and spirit of little athletics including national and state guidelines, constitution and policies which govern Little Athletics WA, Member Centres and Clubs.
- Do not use your involvement with little athletics to promote your own beliefs, conducts or practices where these are inconsistent with those of Little Athletics WA, Member Centres or Clubs.
- Demonstrate a high degree of individual responsibility as your words and actions are an example to little athletes.
- Always place the safety and welfare of little athletes and children above other considerations.
- Avoid unaccompanied and unobserved activities with little athletes, wherever possible.
- Comply with all relevant Australian laws (Federal and State), particularly anti-discrimination, occupational health and safety and child protection laws.
- Refrain from any conduct that may bring Little Athletics WA, Member Centres or Clubs into disrepute.
- Provide a safe environment for the conduct of the activity.
- Show concern and caution towards others who may be sick or injured.
- Be a positive role model.
- Be responsible and accountable for your conduct.
- Never use bad language.
- Abide by the relevant Little Athletics WA role-specific codes of conduct and understand the consequences if you breach, or are aware of any breaches of this Code of Conduct.